Sweet Potato Mash

sweet potato mash

I would like to firstly apologize for the not-so-good quality photo of this dish as I hastily took this photo with my iPhone camera before my friends and I devoured it.

My mum was the creator of this yummy recipe at home after having eaten it at a cafe which I have later tweaked it and made it my own :)

INGREDIENTS
Sweet potatoes
Boiled/half-boiled eggs
Mayonnaise
Juice of 1 orange
Cracked pepper
  1. Cut the potatoes into even size chunky bits so that it cooks evenly. Place them in a pot of boiling water and let them cook till they are soft. The way I use to check if they are cooked is to pierce them with a fork, if it goes through with ease, that means they are ready.
  2. While your potatoes are slowly cooking away, get your eggs on the boil too. Depending on preference, you can either have them fully cooked or half-boiled for the oozy yolk, yum!
  3. When the potatoes and eggs are done, place them in a large serving bowl and mash them all together with the juice of 1 orange. 
  4. Throughout the mashing process, keeping adding mayonnaise to it till its creamy or till it suits your taste buds :)
  5. Season to taste with cracked black pepper.
  6. Last but not least, chow down on it :)
Note:
*I did not have normal mayo at home when I decided to cook this dish so instead, I used japanese mayo which worked very well too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Green with Asian Envy - Pandan Kaya Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting

Cafe Casuarina - your friendly neighbourhood cafe

Eating My Way Through Singapore in 6 days