steph/adam project: black belly rice bowl (with lemon paste and pickled chilli)

I have a been a bit slack with the steph/adam project coz I have been a bit sick but all recovered now so hopefully (after meeting Adam), I will be more determined to cook the remaining recipes from his cookbook :)

*I would like to add that this dish was cooked entirely by my boyfriend a couple of weeks ago as I was quite ill. All I did was make the ninety-second greens and plated up the dish.

black belly rice bowl (with lemon paste and pickled chilli)

The one thing I wasn't sure about this dish was the lemon paste, it didn't really appeal to me. I can say I eat most things and am not fussy but when I tasted the lemon paste by itself, I was already not keen on the idea.

When we sat down for dinner and ate, I was surprised at how well the pork belly tasted with the lemon paste...it was like a match made in heaven. The pork belly, lemon paste, and the pickled chilli was so yummy, its the kind of dish where you want to keep going back for more :) It's just like Alvin's 'caramelised pork belly with chilli vinegar' (it's under Malaysian), its just makes you go "om nom nom nom".

The only thing that we added to this dish was fried eggs (not featured in the photo) as my boyfriend did not get enough spinach to feed 3 people.
Adam's recipe: 81
Steph's completed: 6

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Green with Asian Envy - Pandan Kaya Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting

Cafe Casuarina - your friendly neighbourhood cafe

Eating My Way Through Singapore in 6 days