stir-fried century eggs with pork - Day 2

Century egg is something that I rarely eat not because I don't like it, it's just that I don't really cook with it. The only time that I have it is in porridge or when I am back in Malaysia eating steamboat by the side of the streets.

I was looking through one of my cookbooks and came across this dish and thought I would give it a try since I had century eggs in the fridge. This dish is extremely simple and I must say, it has become one of my favourites. The dish calls for lean pork but I used pork belly instead because it was what I had in the fridge.




For those of you who would like to try this recipe at home, here is the recipe...

Serves 4
Preparation time 10 minutes
Cooking time 6-8 minutes

INGREDIENTS

2-3 one thousand year-old eggs
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
250g lean pork, coarsely chopped
1 tablespoon light soy
1 teaspoon dark soy
1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
Chopped spring onions or parsley to garnish (optional)


  1. Remove the coating and the shell of the eggs. Chop the eggs coarsely (if you chop them finely, they may disintegrate).
  2. Heat the oil in a preheated wok and stir-fry the pork for 2-3 minutes or until the colour of the meat changes from pink to pale white. Add the chopped eggs and the soy and blend well.
  3. Continue stirring for 3-4 minutes more, sprinkle on the sesame oil and serve hot, garnished with the spring onion or parsley
Let me know what you think!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Green with Asian Envy - Pandan Kaya Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting

Cafe Casuarina - your friendly neighbourhood cafe

Eating My Way Through Singapore in 6 days