Best Sarawak Laksa in Kuching

The very first time I had Sarawak Laksa was back in 2008 in Kuching and I never forgot how great it tasted. In Melbourne, we may get a variety of Malaysian food but Sarawak Laksa is one that's not as popular as its counterparts from West Malaysia and doesn't taste as authentic as the real deal.

On my recent trip to Asia, I made it a point to go to Kuching, Sarawak for a few days and to also find the best Sarawak Laksa in town. So, here I am to share my favourite Sarawak Laksa spots in town :)


#1 Choon Hui Cafe - Jalan Ban Hock




If you are planning to come here during the weekend, I strongly suggest you get here early as the place gets super packed. The laksa here is very good! The broth is flavourful, they are very generous with the toppings and the bee hoon is just right. The chili and kalamansi goes perfectly with the laksa too.

Other food items that Choon Hiu Cafe is famous for are their teh c peng, roti kiap, half-boiled eggs and popiah. I highly recommending ordering these as well alongside the Sarawak Laksa :)




#2 Chong Choon Cafe - Lot 121, Jalan Abell, Section 3




Chong Choon Cafe's laksa is not as generous with their ingredients BUT I could not stop eating it. There was just something about the broth that kept me going back for more slurps till the bowl was emptied.

At both Choon Hui Cafe and Chong Choon Cafe, I would happily devour another bowl of their laksa any time.


#3 The LimeTree Hotel - Lot 317, Jalan Abell




One would not expect the best food from a hotel's buffet breakfast but LimeTree Hotel's laksa surprised me! It was actually pretty good and the best part of it was that I could have as much toppings as I wanted and as many bowls as I wanted :)

On a separate note, I would gladly stay at The LimeTree Hotel again as the rooms were clean and comfy and the hotel staff were very friendly and helpful. The laksa is just an added bonus :)


If you are ever in Kuching, I do highly recommend going to both Choon Hui Cafe and Chong Choong Cafe to taste their laksa.


p/s: for those of you who are reading this from Kuching, please let me know where your favourite Sarawak Laksa spots are! :)

Comments

  1. Immerse yourself in a sophisticated dining experience at ps.cafe menu with price in Singapore, where their menu showcases an array of delectable dishes made from quality ingredients, including flavorful mains, refreshing salads, indulgent desserts, and artisanal beverages in a stylish ambiance.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Green with Asian Envy - Pandan Kaya Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting

Cafe Casuarina - your friendly neighbourhood cafe

Eating My Way Through Singapore in 6 days