away she goes again

Last night, my mum left to go on another holiday...this time, she's off to Malaysia, Hong Kong, Macau and Shenzen. Aaahhh, the life of a semi retiree. As usual, when she's off on her adventures, I am left to take care of the homestay students.

This time around, she's only gone for two weeks...it gives me time to get creative with my cooking. Two things I am looking to conquer is to cook fried rice and also, fried noodles.

I have never cooked fried rice before except once, when I chucked some random stuff together for the dogs. And the last time I tried to fry some tom yum vermicelli, it was a disaster...an utter disaster.

Some probably consider the above dishes simple but for me, I never really needed to cook those two dishes as I can whip up at anything from the fridge to serve with rice for dinner.

Stay tuned to see how successful or how disastrous it turns out...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Green with Asian Envy - Pandan Kaya Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting

Cafe Casuarina - your friendly neighbourhood cafe

Eating My Way Through Singapore in 6 days