Om Nom Nom @ Taste of Melbourne 2011

Jenny and I are foodie lovers and we've been to three food events this year (only 1 of them, we went to separately). Last month at the Taste of Melbourne, we enjoyed ourselves thoroughly with Melbourne's Ultimate Tasting Menu - sharing 7 of the superb dishes between us from a number of great restaurants :)

This is a photo of the two of us with our yummylicious cupcakes that we did not share with anyone (we were at a weekend getaway for a friend's birthday)...


Jenny, Myself & our cupcakes <3

Here are the photos of the dishes that we had on the night...


'European' Kinkawooka paella cooked by Ian Curley, The European.
'European' Kinkawooka paella

Slow cooked suckling lamb, pearl barley salad & truffled pecorino cooked by Riccardo Momesso, Sarti.
Slow cooked suckling lamb, pearl barley salad & truffled pecorino

Seared scallops, green chilli aioli, almonds and celeriac remoulade cooked by Anthony Musarra, Stokehouse.
Seared scallops, green chilli aioli, almonds and celeriac remoulade
 
Grilled pork and fennel slider with mustard mayo also cooked by Anthony Mussara, Stokehouse.
Grilled pork and fennel slider with mustard mayo
  
Turkish lamb dumplings, garlic yoghurt, sumac, dried fruit cooked by Paul Dunlop, St Katherine's.
Turkish lamb dumplings, garlic yoghurt, sumac, dried fruit

Olive fried octopus, aioli, steamed eggplant & pickled free range eggs cooked by Cheong Liew, The Botanical.
Olive fried octopus, aioli, steamed eggplant & pickled free range eggs

10 hr braised beef cheeks with beetroot, spinach & field mushrooms cooked by Dylan Roberts, The Millswyn.
10 hr braised beef cheeks with beetroot, spinach & field mushrooms

All the dishes we had were cooked to perfection and we absolutely enjoyed every mouthful of it. If I had to rate my top 3 dishes, it would have to be...
  1. 10 hr braised beef cheeks with beetroot, spinach & field mushrooms - it's not every day that I get to eat beef cheeks (in fact, it was my first time) and this was to die for, it was so soft and it just melted in your mouth...absolutely delicious!
  2. Olive fried octopus, aioli, steamed eggplant & pickled free rage eggs - I have to admit I have eaten a fair amount of seafood throughout my 24 years but I have never eaten octopus like this. I don't know what Cheong did to the octopus before he fried it in but it oh damn it was good...I think it would have been a tad better with a couple more pieces of octopus and less ruffage coz the octopus was hidden under it.
  3. Seared scallops, green chilli aioli, almonds and celeriac remoulade - absolutely love scallops and this combination with the green chilli aioli and the almonds and celeriac remoulade was delish! *drools* thinking about it makes me want to have some more...least I know I can find it the Stokehouse! :)
That is all I have for now!

p/s: I know I haven't posted up anything new that I have cooked recently and I apologise for that >_< It's been a hectic month at work and weekends have been flooded with events so in November, hopefully it will be quieter and I will be able to serve up a few dishes :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Green with Asian Envy - Pandan Kaya Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting

Cafe Casuarina - your friendly neighbourhood cafe

Eating My Way Through Singapore in 6 days