Mum's Away on Holiday Day 4: Sunday's Dinner

This is one of my favourite dishes to cook; lots of preparation but it's simple, quick, healthy, and tasty...and the best of all, everyone always enjoys it :) It's Vietnamese rice paper rolls! 

Since I have home stay students living with me (most of them mainly from China), I always try to make sure they experience things/foods that they don't normally get back in their hometown. And rice paper rolls are always a good way of getting everyone to have a bit of fun in making their rolls :)
The bunch that is eagerly waiting to start eating :)
The spread; herbs, carrots, cucumber, iceberg lettuce, prawn, beef, and my special homemade dipping sauce :)

When we have rice paper rolls for dinner, I stick to the above ingredients as it's simple enough and healthy. Yes, there are a lot of different herbs on either side of the photo but I absolutely love them and they're good for you! 

The special sauce that I make consist of mixing shredded pineapple, hoisin sauce, fish sauce, chilli from a bottle, and a bit of sugar...I think what makes the sauce really tasty is the shredded pineapple that give the sauce it's sweetness :)
before wrapping the roll up
TA-DA! <3
And to conclude this post, everyone is too busy to notice me as they are too absorbed with making their rice paper rolls and eating them! :)
-LOVE-

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Green with Asian Envy - Pandan Kaya Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting

Cafe Casuarina - your friendly neighbourhood cafe

Eating My Way Through Singapore in 6 days