steph/adam project: raw beef and green apple yukhoe

I have always been a big fan of yukhoe, also commonly known as yukke. According to Adam, this is a more Japanese version as it is served wrapped in toasted nori seaweed. I have made a similar dish to this plenty of times before from a Korean cookbook, the marinate for the meat is different to the one of Adam's and I normally use nashi instead of green apple.

Yes, some people may find that raw beef is off putting coz...well, to put it simply "it's raw" but it's actually quite tasty. Make sure you marinate the beef thoroughly with the sauce (use your hands, its the best way :P) and to top it off, crack a raw egg yolk on top. Suprisingly, I didn't mind this recipe for raw beef as I was so used to the other one that I usually make.

If you would like the recipe for this from Adam Liaw's cookbook, leave me a comment with your email and I will send it to you :)

raw beef and green apple yukhoe 
Adam's recipe: 81
Steph's completed: 2

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Green with Asian Envy - Pandan Kaya Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting

Cafe Casuarina - your friendly neighbourhood cafe

Eating My Way Through Singapore in 6 days