Mum's Away on Holiday Day 8: Thursday's Dinner


Only a few days to go before mum gets back from her holiday and I'm kinda impatiently waiting for her to get back...I miss her :P

I'm starting to run out of ideas of what to cook, a bit hard when mum only gave me a certain budget to spend while she was away. And yes, I have been guilty for not touching the steph/adam project for a while now *sigh*

When a family friend was living with us, he cooked us this one fish dish and I loved it. He's much older than I am...has a loving wife and 3 kids. And hello Auntie Janet, if you are reading this :) I decided to recreate this dish and it turned out alright...wasn't as good as I remembered it but I think it's also because the chillies that I had were like grass, there was no flavour at all.

The menu for Thursday night consisted of:-
  • Steamed rockling with taucu sauce, ginger and chilli
  • Stir-fried minced pork with eggplant and cauliflower
  • 90 seconds greens (as per Adam Liaw's recipe)

I think I really should start expanding my western food cooking skills, it's not that I don't like cooking western food...I just find cooking asian food much easier.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Green with Asian Envy - Pandan Kaya Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting

Cafe Casuarina - your friendly neighbourhood cafe

Eating My Way Through Singapore in 6 days