Home-style fried eggs

I didn't actually plan on cooking anything tonight but I was watching Kylie Kwong's DVD and it made it hungry. It was also about dinner time. I had help making this dish as I'm not the biggest fan of frying especially in a lot of oil, I'm afraid of oil splatter >_< This recipe is one of Kylie Kwong's and she calls it Mrs Jang's home-style fried eggs. This recipe is really simple to make and its so tasty, I repeat so tasty.



INGREDIENTS
1 1/2 cup vegetable oil
4 large free-range eggs
1 tbs oyster sauce
small pinch of ground white pepper
2 spring onions, finely sliced
1-2 red bird's eyes chillies, finely sliced
  1. Heat oil in a hot wok until the surface seems to shimmer slightly. Crack the eggs in a small bowl, then pour into the hot oil. After 2 minutes, reduce heat to allow the bottom of the eggs to become firm and crisp; the yolk should still be runny at this point.
  2. Gently remove eggs from wok and drain off excess oil before easing onto plate. Drizzle egg with oyster sauce and garnish with pepper, spring onions and chillies.
Note:
*The recipe above serves 2 people or depends how much of a big eater you are :P For me this dish, I cooked by feel...I didn't really follow the recipe too specifically in regards to the amount of ingredients. 
*I also added coriander to the garnish, I love the herb and it went quite well with the dish.

For those of you who don't know who Kylie Kwong is, she is a restaurant owner, award-winning chef and fifth generation Chinese-Australian.

Comments

  1. simple + tasty
    My heart fluttered when i saw "oyster"... but then dropped when it was "oyster sauce" HAHA. I just had a sudden craving for "pan fried oyster omelette" teochew style ... sigh sigh.

    and i see your SUPER new, seems like a million bloggies have started out in the last month or 2, LIKE ME!!! hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. The last time I had oysters was at the Sydney Fish Market and it was fresh and so good. Hehe I'm going back to KL end of this month, I will be able to enjoy the "pan fried oyster omelette" that you are craving :P

    I actually have another blog that I use to rant and blog about anything. I thought I should start one where its all about food :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Green with Asian Envy - Pandan Kaya Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting

Cafe Casuarina - your friendly neighbourhood cafe

Eating My Way Through Singapore in 6 days