Mandarin Oriental Bangkok: Afternoon Tea @ The Author's Lounge

There is just something about high tea that makes me feel like a lady.




Early last year when I was searching for high tea places in Melbourne on High Tea Society, I stumbled across a review on "Afternoon Tea @ The Author's Lounge". Ever since then, I have been hanging to make my way to Mandarin Oriental Bangkok to enjoy their afternoon tea. Was it worth the wait? Was it worth taking up my stomach space on my eating trip to Bangkok? DEFINITELY.


The hotel is amazing but when you walk into The Author's Lounge, it feels like you've been taken back in time. We were seated in a quiet corner which I didn't mind because then, I can stuff my face with all the delicious food without looking like a piggy in front of everyone else.

There are two sets to choose from: Traditional Afternoon Tea Set or Mandarin Oriental Thai Tea Set. I chose the Thai Tea Set :) *they also have a vegetarian option.


The Mandarin Oriental Thai Tea Set consisted of:-



Pandanus leaf and lemongrass ginger scone
Bitter pomelo marmalade
Devonshire clotted cream and creamy butter
Exotic mango-ginger jam
Herbed minced chicken and sweet corn pastry shells
Mee Grob
Lemongrass and Thai spiced tuna tea sandwich
Turmeric chicken and roasted chilli jam on crispy rice cracker
Blue river prawn and exotic fruit soft finger bread sandwich
Boiled egg, Thai herb and mayonnaise beetroot tea sandwich
Miang Kham - betel leaf with tamarind sauce and condiments
Mango pound cake
Thai tea chiffon
Kalamansi and coconut macaroons with chantilly cream
Steamed pumpkin custard
Punned of yellow bean marzipan, coconut cup cake, potato, pumpkin and sweet egg yolk treats
Caramelized tangerine pudding
Refreshing lychee sorbet wit water chestnut jewels

Needless to say, it was a lot of food. Did I finish it all? Let's just say...I didn't have dinner till about 10:30 at night.



If you are ever in Bangkok, I think the Afternoon Tea @ The Author's Lounge should not be missed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Green with Asian Envy - Pandan Kaya Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting

Cafe Casuarina - your friendly neighbourhood cafe

Eating My Way Through Singapore in 6 days