Brother Fox

Brother Fox
648 Glenferrie Road,
Hawthorn VIC 3122
03 - 9819 0948

Opening Hours: opens for breakfast, lunch and dinner from Tuesday - Saturday. 

                         opens for breakfast and lunch only on Sundays.
                         closed on Mondays.

If only we knew "what does the fox say?", it wouldn't be Ring-ding-ding-ding-dingeringeding! or Wa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pow! or Hatee-hatee-hatee-ho!. It would most likely be Brother Fox.


Brother Fox was previously known as Chasar Bliss. Ever since my uni days back in 2006, I have been a regular customer at this restaurant. I can always count on this place to dish out delicious food.


Since I work at Vision Australia which is just a few minutes down the road, this place is a hot spot for my team to have our team lunches no matter what the occasion is. I think we have been here at least 5 or more times. Today was one of those days where we were having a farewell for one of our colleagues. I usually get the Bliss Burger which is AMAZING but I decided to try something new so I chose the grilled haloumi salad topped with a poached egg . The dish was simple, very light and oh so tasty. It was the perfect lunch for me as I wanted something light and it hit the spot.
Grilled haloumi salad $15.50 with lightly spiced pan fried vegetables, quinoa, parsley and lemon vinaigrette topped with a poached egg (as I requested)
Two other dishes that were ordered by my colleagues...
Bliss Burger $16.00 - homemade meat pattie, bacon, fried egg, caramelised onion, tasty cheese, beetroot, rocket, tomato relish and tomato mayo, beer battered chips
Pulled pork quesadilla $14.00 - slow roasted pork shoulder, apple cider, cheese and chipotle aioli

The pulled pork quesadilla were surprisingly good, the pork was very moist and juicy. If I were to ever order that, I would share it with someone else as it's quite filling.

As for the bliss burger, it's one of the better burgers I have eaten on Glenferrie Road. I would choose the bliss burger over Grill'd any day. With the fried egg in the burger, I tend to request for them to make sure that the egg yolk is uber runny coz that's how I like it :)


Since there was 13 of us for lunch, we pre-ordered our meals for our booking at 12:30pm to make it easier for the kitchen. By 12:45pm, our food was served to all of us at the same time. Service is always great here, I have never had any complaints from my colleagues :)


p/s: If you are making a group booking of 10 - 12 people, request for their back room. It's like having your own private room though at times, it is frequent by other customers as it leads to the wash rooms.


Brother Fox on Urbanspoon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Green with Asian Envy - Pandan Kaya Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting

Cafe Casuarina - your friendly neighbourhood cafe

Eating My Way Through Singapore in 6 days