Hoi An - Food Haven

"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page" - St. Augustine

If you asked me if I would go back to Hoi An even though I have been there twice, my answer would be yes. There are other parts of Vietnam that I have yet to explore like Sapa, Hue or the Mekong Delta but Hoi An is a place that I love revisiting over and over again. Why? The people are friendly (minus the ones who hassles you about where you're from and if you want to see their shop), the town is lively but very peaceful, you can get clothes tailored at a fraction of the price of what you would pay back home AND most of all, THE FOOD.


I love eating, I think that's pretty clear. The food in Hoi An is amazing, majority of their restaurants serve amazing local cuisine and you can never leave without trying the staples; Cao Lau, Mi Quang, and White Rose. Before I embarked on my second trip to Hoi An, I did plenty of research online on which were the "must visit" restaurants and made a note of as many as I can fit into my itinerary. To be honest, too many restaurants to visit...will need to go back another time :P


Here are a few of the restaurants that I visited, would recommend and definitely will go eat at again :)


1. White Sails Cafe (Canh Buom Trang) - 134 Tran Cao Van

2. Banh Mi Phuong - Hoang Dieu Street
Great banh mi! The only thing I would say about this place is that they charge foreigners extra. Foreigners = 20,000 dong and Locals = 10,000 dong. I guess when you convert it, it's only $1 so can't really complain.

3. Cargo Club Restaurant - 107 D Nguyen Thai Hoc

4. some random restaurant - whilst on a bicycle tour with Steve from Sleepy Gecko
This is probably the best Mi Quang that I have had in Hoi An, it was just so flavorful that I wanted to have another bowl but thought I should be good and not be a piggy. It's unfortunate that I didn't get the name of the restaurant, to be honest, I am not sure if it had one. If you are keen to try the local cuisine away from the hustle and bustle of all the great restaurants in town, take a bicycle tour with Steve. Not only will you be taken on a dirt path - zig-zagging across rice plantations and more, you will also take in amazing scenery and local life plus a few stops for food and water including home-made rice wine!



5. Morning Glory Restaurant - 106 Nguyen Thai Hoc Street
I have only one thing to say, Ms Vy never fails to deliver :) If you are in Hoi An, you have to go to one of Ms Vy's restaurants, they are simply superb.

6. Miss Ly Cafe - 22 Nguyen Hue Street

7. Blue Dragon Restaurant - 46 Bach Dang Street
I enjoy going to this little restaurant because they make really good food and have quite a few different flavored lassi...I dislike how in Melbourne, they mostly have either mango or strawberry! Also because their profits go towards supporting a local charity; so eat and be merry and know that you are supporting a good cause :)



8. The Market Restaurant - 2 Nguyen Hoang Street, An Hoi
Another one of Ms Vy's delights :) The Market is pretty much like a hawker style food court but very clean and the prices of everything they had on offer was very very reasonable. One of the best things about this restaurant is that you can see your food being made fresh right in front of you.



Those are just a few of the amazing restaurants that I had a chance to visit whilst I was in Hoi An. There are still quite a few more on my list but till next time I am in Hoi An, I will just have to wait patiently :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Green with Asian Envy - Pandan Kaya Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting

Cafe Casuarina - your friendly neighbourhood cafe

Eating My Way Through Singapore in 6 days