Historic Bangrak Food Tasting & Culture Tour

It's been so long since I last blogged, I really shouldn't procrastinate any longer. It's time to back track to my most recent holiday to Asia and the food adventures I got up to.

First stop was Bangkok in December 2012. I have always been a lover of Thai food and I definitely ate my fair share of local food on this trip. I decided to do a food tour this time around after reading about it on their website, I was not sure what to expect because I have never been on a walking food tour before. The only thing that I have ever done food related is either eat to my heart's content or do a cooking class.


Verdict? Loved it! If it wasn't for the food tour, we wouldn't have stumbled across the hidden gems that served such amazing food. By the end of tour, our bellies was filled with so much food that I didn't think we could eat any thing else.


I definitely recommend anyone going to Bangkok to do one of their food tours but the Historic Bangrak Food Tasting & Culture Tour was a very good one to start with :)

our food tasting guide
Here are the shots I took of the food that we ate...

First stop - Traditional Roasted Duck Served on Rice @ Charoen Wieng Pochana
roasted duck served on rice

Second Stop - Curry Lava on Egg @ Muslim Restaurant
curry lava on egg

Third Stop - Crispy Catfish, Green Mango Salad and a Secret Dish @ Yum Rod Sab














Fourth Stop - Thai Style Green Custard Bun, Thai BBQ Pork Bun and Thai Iced Tea @ Pan Lee Bakery

the lovely green custard bun and BBQ pork bun
well deserved iced tea after a long walk

Final Stop - Original Thai Curry Served on Roti and Thai-Style Coconut Ice-cream @ Kallaprapruek
original thai curry served on roti
thai-style coconut ice-cream

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Green with Asian Envy - Pandan Kaya Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting

Cafe Casuarina - your friendly neighbourhood cafe

Eating My Way Through Singapore in 6 days