steph/adam project: steamed asparagus with kushiyaki quail eggs with japanese mayonnaise

I wanted to make a simple lunch and I thought that this dish would be alright, yes it was easy enough but one aspect definitely wasn't...the peeling of the half-boiled quail eggs. An egg is fragile enough, imagine trying to peel quail eggs without destroying them >_< To get the runny yolk, you have to cook the eggs for 1 minute and 50 seconds and to stop the cooking process, place them in a bowl of iced water. To make the kushiyaki quail eggs, you then have to roll the chilled eggs in flour, then in a beaten egg and finally in the panko crumbs and last but not least, deep-fry the eggs untill the breadcrumbs are golden. This is what the eggs looks like...


And the asparagus, after its been steamed...

And all together + the japanese mayonnaise, it looks like this... ^_^
steamed asparagus with kushiyaki quail eggs and japanese mayo

The dish was meant to have yuzu mayonnaise but I didn't make it as I couldn't find yuzu juice :( So instead, I just used kewpie japanese mayonnaise. And all the hard work paid off for the quail eggs because when you cut into them, the yolk was still runny!

Overall, I thought this dish was really simple and yummy but will I make it again? It really depends on how much of a craving I have for quail eggs with runny yolk coz to tell you the truth, it was a pain to peel the eggs :( If someone offers to make it though, I will be more than happy to eat it :)
Adam's recipe: 81
Steph's completed:9

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Green with Asian Envy - Pandan Kaya Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting

Cafe Casuarina - your friendly neighbourhood cafe

Eating My Way Through Singapore in 6 days