steph/adam project: Ant's nest cake

No offense to all you bakers out there but I detest baking, it just don't work for me in the kitchen...something always stuffs up. The last time I made a cheesecake, it was successful enough but still not good enough. Maybe its just like the saying of "practice makes perfect" but yeah I don't know when it comes to baking...

It's been a while since I have cooked from Adam's cookbook so I thought I will give this simple recipe a go since I had all the ingredients at home but yeah, long story short...it didn't quite go according to plan.
  1. Firstly, I left the liquid caramel out of the mixture which altered the taste of the cake.
  2. Secondly, the cake did not rise to my expectation (it cooked through properly though) and looked nothing like the picture!
This is how a piece of the cake looked like...



It tasted pretty good though if I actually put the liquid caramel in, it would taste even better. So, since I had all this caramel...I decide that I would drizzle it all over the cake and to top it off, drizzle more condensed milk over the cake :) You can never go wrong with extra condensed milk if you have a sweet tooth.

I will eventually try this recipe again but not anytime soon...
Adam's recipe: 81
Steph's completed: 7

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Green with Asian Envy - Pandan Kaya Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting

Cafe Casuarina - your friendly neighbourhood cafe

Eating My Way Through Singapore in 6 days