Where To Eat in Bangkok

It is no secret that I love Bangkok.

The food is amazing and so is the shopping. I usually go to Platinum Fashion Mall and buy my years' worth of clothing. My two favourite shopping places is Platinum Fashion Mall and Chatuchak Weekend Market, you go there and you don't have to go anywhere else.


Anyways, back to the food. Every single time I go back to Bangkok, there are always (too many!) different food joints that I want to eat at. This time around, I only managed to eat at half of the places I wanted to eat at due to some time constraints :( It's OK, there is always next time!


Here are a few of my recommendations on where to eat whilst in Bangkok:-


O'zake by Tenyuu
Address: Thonglor Soi between Sois 15 and 17 (across from Penny's Balcony)

Why would I go to Bangkok and eat Japanese food? Because it's cheaper than in Melbourne. I follow a couple of foodies on instagram in Bangkok and every time they post food photos up, all I can think of is buying my next ticket to Bangkok. From time to time, amazing Japanese food photos will pop up on my feed and I will have cravings for it. It wasn't an easy decision as to which Japanese restaurant I would eat at once I arrived in Bangkok as there were so many to choose from but I settled with O'zake by Tenyuu. I don't know why I did but I was glad I didn't go anywhere else :)



toro heaven <3
salmon, otoro and quail egg. there is just something so alluring about the quail egg.
o'zake three crown - ikura, quail egg and salmon <3

If you are trying to look for this place and your tuk-tuk driver doesn't know where it is either, just look out for this giant bugger outside their restaurant. Trust me, you won't miss it.



Afternoon Tea @ The Author's Lounge in Mandarin Oriental Bangkok
Address: 48 Oriental Ave Alley, Bang Rak

For lovers of afternoon teas, this place is should not be missed. I recently did a blogpost on this, you can read it here: Afternoon Tea @ The Author's Lounge.


Sukishi @ CentralWorld

Address: Level 6 - Sukishi,CentralWorld - 999/9 Rama I Road, Pathum Wan, Pathumwan

This is like most Korean/Japanese BBQ places that you can find in Melbourne but I have been here twice and still enjoy their food. Great service and love the quality of their meats.




Som Tam Nua
Address: 392/14 Siam Square Soi 5

This place is definitely not to be missed! Again, it was because of instagram that I ended up here but boy, was it good! I read a fair amount of blog reviews on this place; most of the reviews on the food was good but the service wasn't. My verdict? The service was fine and the food was yum! 


I know some places can have crappy customer service but then again, have those people ever question if they were being crappy customers towards the people who were serving them?


Anyways back to the food, if I had a bigger stomach, I would have definitely ordered more. I highly recommend ordering their garlic fried chicken, majority of the people at the restaurant had this dish on their table. Also, don't miss out on their papaya salads, there is a variety of it that you can choose from :)




Mango Tango
Address: Siam Square Soi 5

Once you have finished your lunch at Som Tam Nua, what better way to top it off then just turn the corner for some dessert at Mango Tango? As I have tried Mango Tango in Chiang Mai earlier on the trip, the one in Bangkok definitely did not disappoint.


I just had the classic mango with sticky rice :)




Salt Grilled Fish
Address: between CentralWorld and Platinum Fashion Mall (only open for dinner)

One cannot visit Bangkok without dropping by this row of street stalls. This joint is situated between CentralWorld and Platinum Fashion Mall, you cannot miss it. By night fall, this place will be filled with locals feasting. The last time I was in Bangkok, I wanted to eat here but was not allowed by my travelling companion because "it stank" so this time around, I was determined to eat here no matter how fresh the flowers may or may not have smelt.



salt grilled fish
crab papaya salad
minced duck salad

This joint is famous for their salt grilled fish. The skin of the fish has a thick layer of salt grilled over charcoal fire. You will have to peel away the skin of the fish before you can dig in, the flesh is flakey and sweet and you can taste the smokiness from the charcoal fire. I would definitely come back here to eat, you know what they say "do as the locals do and you can never go wrong".

That's it from me on where to eat in Bangkok this time around. Stay tuned for my next trip there...it could very well be at the end of this year!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Green with Asian Envy - Pandan Kaya Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting

Cafe Casuarina - your friendly neighbourhood cafe

Eating My Way Through Singapore in 6 days