Figs Wrapped in Prosciutto Stuffed with Goat's Cheese

When it's summer time, the one thing I love to eat and always overdose on is figs. That's because we have a fig tree in our garden and when its a good season, the figs are plentiful. We do not want to waste any of the fruit as it's ridiculously expensive in the groceries stores hence the overdosing on them. By the end of summer, I am already sick of figs but now, I am really looking forward to summer coz I am craving them (hopefully, it will be a good season for it).


I love eating fresh figs but thought I could do something more with them. Whilst having a conversation with a colleague from Sydney, she suggested that I try stuffing the figs with goat's cheese, wrap them up in prosciutto and drizzle over them with honey and then, grill it in the oven till the prosciutto starts to sizzle. It is an amazing combination and I got addicted to making them. If you can get your hand on some fresh figs during summer, try making them :)

Here is the recipe for it...


INGREDIENTS
12 figs
1 small pack of goat's cheese
12 slices of prosciutto
honey


  1. Remove the stems from the figs. Using a small knife, make an X cut from the top to the middle of the fig. In the small opening, place a small amount of goat's cheese.
  2. Wrap the fig in a slice of prosciutto and secure it with a toothpick.
  3. Place the figs on a baking tray on top of a sheet of baking paper and drizzle honey over them. 
  4. Place them in a preheated oven of 180 degrees until the prosciutto starts to sizzle. You want to warm them up just a little bit so that the cheese melts and the prosciutto is slightly crispy.
I really love this recipe as the figs are sweet and salty, gooey and creamy. I hope you love them as much as I do :)


before
after
Can I just say that I think prosciutto is one of the best things ever created?



Here are a few more photos of what the end result should look like :)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Green with Asian Envy - Pandan Kaya Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting

Cafe Casuarina - your friendly neighbourhood cafe

Eating My Way Through Singapore in 6 days