Gartien's Gourmet Pineapple Shortbread

I consider myself a bit of a foodie but I have never actually reviewed anything on my blog. I was going to at the start of year but after losing all my photos of the amazing food I ate overseas, I never looked into it again until now.

Thanks to Gim, I have had the pleasure of tasting Gartien's Gourmet Pineapple Shortbread. I have to admit, I have never eaten anything like it before. The closest thing to this would be pineapple tarts from Malaysia.

Some may ask why would their product be any different? Here is the difference - it comes down to the ingredients that they use. Unlike many other pineapple cakes which use pineapple paste and melon as the fillings, Gartien uses only REAL pineapple. And because they don't add any preservatives to their product, they are air flown in weekly from Penang, Malaysia so you, the consumer always get the freshest.

For more information on Gartien's Pineapple Shortbread, please visit their Facebook page (press Ctrl + click on the link below):

Gartien 小田佳园

Here a few of the happy snaps that I took of the product...






Pros
  • The packaging is actually nice and in my words, I would actually say cute. It's not tacky so it's great as a gift if you are trying to impress the Asian oldies.
  • I had the chance of sharing this lovely product with my colleagues (all above the age of 40) and they all agreed that it's not too sweet - which is a good thing.
  • The shortbread is moist and goes well with the pineapple - it's well balanced in terms of taste.
  •  When eating it, you can actually taste that it's pineapple by it's texture.
Cons
  • It's too heavy to be consumed everyday (unless you're a serial shortbread/pineapple lover) but it is nice as a treat.
  • I wouldn't quite consider this as a con but I personally prefer more pineapple and less shortbread but for shortbread lovers, this would be perfect the way it is.

Overall, this is actually a really lovely product that I enjoy eating. It's perfect with a cup of tea for an afternoon snack :)

The retail price for a box of 10 packs is $19.00 and a single pack goes for $2.00. Some may think that it's pricey but the fact that they do not add any preservatives to their product makes it worthwhile. I'm pretty sure some people pay more for organic food so this is a fairy decent price - given also, it is air flown in weekly from Penang.

If you would like to try the product, here are few of the places that you can get them from... 

Laguna (in QV) on Russell Street/Lonsdale Street
Dragon Boat Palace on Lonsdale Street
Madam Kwong's Kitchen on Whitehorse Road, Box Hill
Straits Kitchen in Mount Waverley

Do try Gartien's Gourmet Pineapple Shortbread and let me know (and let them know!) what you think of their product. I am pretty sure they would value your feedback.

That is all for now :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Green with Asian Envy - Pandan Kaya Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting

Cafe Casuarina - your friendly neighbourhood cafe

Eating My Way Through Singapore in 6 days