Lamb Roast

(sorry that part of the meat was already sliced off, forgot to take a picture beforehand coz I got too excited)

Last night, my mum and I decided to roast a leg of lamb. This is something that is rarely done in our household as we normally cook Malaysian and Chinese food. So, roasting in general is out of the norm. I must say, it turn out really good and below is the recipe... 

INGREDIENTS
juice of 1 lemon
juice of 1 orange
olive oil
handful of garlic cloves, whole
5-6 sprigs of rosemary
salt & pepper
2kg of lamb leg
1/2 pumpkin
2-3 sweet potato
  1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
  2. Make little incisions all over the leg of lamb. Then stuffed the rosemary and the cloves of garlic into the little incisions.
  3. Combine lemon juice, orange juice, olive oil and salt & pepper.Rub into skin of meat.
  4. Put the lamb in the oven for approx 2 hours (I hour per kg). 
  5. Chop up the pumpkin and sweet potato to your desired size. Drizzle olive oil and season with salt & pepper, make sure that the vegetables are coated well in it.
  6. 45-60 minutes before the lamb is ready, put the vegetables in.
Note:
*You can use any kind of vegetables for this dish but I do recommend having pumpkin and sweet potato for this dish. Other vegetables that goes really well with this would be spanish onions, carrots, fennel and garlic.
*You can reduce the amount of garlic used in this dish and just use rosemary. Everyone in my household loves garlic so this dish was packed with more garlic than usual.

Hope you all enjoy this dish as much I as did :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Green with Asian Envy - Pandan Kaya Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting

Cafe Casuarina - your friendly neighbourhood cafe

Eating My Way Through Singapore in 6 days